Ash Wednesday, March 1st
This Wednesday is Ash Wednesday,
the beginning of the holy and joyful season of Lent.
While Ash Wednesday is not a holy day of obligation,
many Catholics like to begin Lent by attending Mass and receiving the
sign of blest ashes on their forehead to mark their willingness to enter the
forty days of Lent in a spirit of repentance and an openness
to spiritual growth.
Masses for Ash Wednesday are celebrated at
6:30, 8:30 and 10:00AM as well as at 6:00PM.
Please note that ashes are only distributed during Mass
-exceptions are made for those who are hospitalized or homebound.
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are obligatory days
of fasting and abstinence for Catholics.
In addition, Fridays during Lent are obligatory days of abstinence.
For members of the Roman Catholic Church, the norms on fasting are
obligatory from age 18 until age 59.
When fasting, a person is permitted to eat one full meal,
as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal.
The norms concerning abstinence from meat are binding upon members
of the Latin Catholic Church from age 14 onwards.
Growing in Faith,
Serving with Hope,
Christ-centered in Love,
We are the Roman Catholic Community of St. Theresa.
Parish News & Other Information
- Parish Registration Form
- Safe Environment Information
- ParishPay Online/Electronic Giving (www.ParishPay.com)
- 2017 Lenten Journey with Fr. JC(Catholicism: The Pivotal Players)
- 2017 Fish & Faith Schedule
Liturgy & Music Links
Elementary Children's Religious Education/Edge/Life-Teen 2016-2017
All forms can be downloaded and dropped off at the Parish Office or scanned in and emailed to Rita Laguna @ Rlaguna@sttheresaphx.org or Mary Castner @ Mcastner@sttheresaphx.org.
- RE Packet Cover Sheet
- Important Facts & Dates
- Family Registration Form - Part 1
- Family Registration Form - Part 2
- Classroom Information Sheet
- Financial Aid Form
- Home School/Special Needs Letter
- Sacramental Preparation Information
- Additional Student Information
- Catechetic Program Fees Chart
3rd Grade Paperwork for the Sacraments of Confirmation/Eucharist
Rehearsal: Friday, April 28th @ 6PM / Mass: Saturday, April 29th @ 11AM
- Parent/Child Sacrament Preparation Dates
- Eucharist Registration Form
- Sacramental Data Form
- Sponsor Registraion Form
- New Service Project Parent Sheet
- 3rd Grade Confirmation Project Report Sheet
Adult Confirmation & RCIA